Matthew R. Frick
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Hi, I'm Matt!
My estate planning practice focuses on helping families enhance their lives today and secure their futures tomorrow. I guide my clients through the often confusing maze of financial and legal decisions to create plans that ensure the well-being of their families and the accomplishment of cherished family goals. Values-based planning will protect your family and preserve wealth. Whether you are married or single, with a traditional family or a blended one, just starting out or looking back on a life well-lived, I will help you to craft a plan that achieves your goals for your loved ones today and for years to come.
Matt Frick, Estate Planning Lawyer
Trusts allow you the most control and protection over your financial assets, and can keep your family out of court, out of conflict, and out of the public eye.
Kids Protection Plans
An integrated system that ensures your children are safe with people that know them if you are in an accident, and aren't taken into protective custody.
A plan that allows you to control who inherits your financial assets with court oversight in the probate process.
Powers of Attorney
Whether for your health or your finances, these are tools used to ensure you are well taken care of in your life by people you trust.
Matt helped my husband and I set up a trust for our estate so that our family will be taken care of in the future. He made the whole process so easy for us and really helped us to understand the legal process and decide what was best for our family. We would highly recommend working with Lake County Estate!
H. Harmon, Madison, GA
Matt just set up a trust for our estate, so that when Judy and I pass on or become ill/incapacitated later in life, all of the processes dealing with our estate will be simplified for our son. He is extremely knowledgeable about all the legal issues involved in estate and trust law. Not only is he a great lawyer, but Judy and I actually became friends with Matt while he was setting up our trust. He is very easy to talk to and made this process relatively easy for us. I would highly recommend Matt to anyone who needs estate planning services.
J. Holt, Monroe, GA
You may think you know all there is to know about wills and such but you don't. We sat down with Matt Frick and made plans so our kids, and those we left in charge, won't have to worry about anything. If you have been putting off doing a will and making plans, that noone wants to think about, come be informed.
N. Sentinella, Rutledge, GA
Planning For Your Children
Having a Will Alone Simply Does Not Ensure the Care of
Your Kids If the Unthinkable Happens to You!
If you are a parent of minor children (or those with special needs) who are counting on you, your estate plan must begin with ensuring your children would always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At Lake Country Estate Planning one of our areas of greatest expertise is in planning for the well-being and care of the children you love.
Without advance legal planning for the care of your children, if the unthinkable happens to you, here’s what could happen:
● Your children could be placed into the care of Child Protective Services (yes, even if you have a will in place and even if you have a living trust) and, yes, it would very likely only be temporary, but trust us, you never want your children in the arms of strangers. Not even for a minute.
● Your children could be put into the custody and care of someone you would never want, like that one family member who has good intentions, but you’d never want raising your kids.
● A judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would ever want;
● Your family could get into a long, drawn out custody fight or there could be a challenge to the guardians you have designated;
● Up to 5% of the value of your assets could be lost to court costs and other unnecessary fees through the probate process, a court process that can tie up your assets for years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably, which can totally be avoided with advance legal planning;
● When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left;
● There are unscrupulous people out there who make it their business to look at the public records to find out when 18 year olds are getting that inheritance check;
● The vast majority of estate planning attorneys do not address these issues, and do not plan from a parent’s perspective.
Yes, these things scare us too. That’s why we offer a Kids Protection Plan with every estate plan we do for families with young children.
What is a Kids Protection Plan®?
A Kids Protection Plan® is a set of instructions, legal documents and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need to have if you have kids at home who count on you for their well-being and care.
If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan® will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services, strangers or the care of anyone you wouldn’t want because the authorities don't have clear instructions from you. And your Kids Protection Plan® will ensure your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn’t know you.
To get started with your Kids Protection Plan®, contact us.
Start the conversation now!
Leave your information below, let me know what you're thinking about, and we will contact you to schedule a time when we are both available for a conversation.
I am here to help with all your estate planning needs and questions. Let me know what's on your mind and start a conversation.
1341 Confederate Rd., Madison, Georgia 30650(706) 752-5262